15 July 2006

I tend to think of my life in terms of the book(s) I'm reading at any given time. During grad school I read tons of academic texts and a bunch of fun books like the Harry Potter novels, sci-fi stuff, and historical fiction. The fun books helped keep me sane while slogging through writers like Levinas and Lyotard. The combination of academic and fun books defined that period in my life.

Now, though, I'm not really reading anything. I finished _Steppenwolf_ by Hesse recently and since then I haven't been able to get into any thing. Nothing. I've started new books, old books, and favorites to no avail. It's weighing on me this inability to sink my teeth into a novel. I love reading. It's who I am. So what does it mean that I can't read right now?

Kinda freaky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home